Monday, March 28, 2011

Suppa Tuscana with Bread Sticks

 

ts

Ever since Paul and I were dating we’ve loooved going to the Olive Garden. Paul’s favorite? Suppa Toscana(sp?). Here is my tweaked copycat version that he looOOOoooves and it is a surefire way to give him a pick-up after a bad day at work. You may need to scale our recipes down a bit ;)

  • 12 C chicken broth
  • 2 chopped onions
  • 6-9 links Italian sausage links
  • 9 Lg potatoes
  • 2 med bunches of kale or spinach(we like kale, about 3C – but whatever is cheaper ;) washed and chopped
  • 1/2 C evaporated milk(I just use cream or double goat milk)
  • Salt n Pepper
  • 6 garlic cloves

Squeeze sausage out of skins into frying pan  and cook with onion over med heat until just cooked. Place in large pot and add stock, potatoes and garlic. Boil until cooked. Add kale until cooked. Remove from heat and add milk. Season with salt and pepper, garnish with parmesan, pepper and a little chopped kale. MMmmm…

O.k, now go buy breadsticks from the store. 8/$1.49. I can not make breadsticks for the life of me….yet. Melt 4T butter, 2 t garlic powder, 1 T chopped garlic and brush over breadsticks and bake.

This also makes a great base for Refrigerator Soup two days later ;) Freezes well.

4 comments:

Life in a nutshell said...

Ohhh Sunshine, I will have to dig out my bread stick recipe. Super simple!

Squaw Creek Ranch said...

I would sooooo appreciate that. I tried a regular bread recipe and rolled the dough into sticks. They were very bland and dense, not light and fluffy.

bentogirl said...

Oh yummm!! :)

ruth said...

This is my most favorite soup too. I will have to try yours.