What meal plan is complete without a meatloaf? I mean really? My mother used to cook the most amazing meatloaves ever….EVER, and I got this recipe from her. Hidden deep inside are freshly grated carrots, cheese topped with a sweet and sour sauce that will leave your dishwasher wondering why the plates are in there, they’re scraped so clean. We of course double this and put it in one of those looooong bread pans.
![]()
Montana Meatloaf
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 C milk
- 2 t salt
- 1/4 t pepper
- 3 slices bread, crumbled
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3/4 C carrots, shredded
- 1 C shredded cheese
- 1.5 lb ground beef
Sauce:
- 1/2 C brown sugar
- 1/4 C ketchup
- 1 T prepared mustard
Combine all ingredients together(except sauce) and press in a loaf pan. Mix up sauce and pour over top. Bake in 350 oven for 1 to 1.25 hours. Let set 10 minutes before slicing.
*************************************************
On the baby front. I woke up Monday morning feeling a little banana’ish in the belly(some of you can relate). I walked different, I sat different…I happened to go to the midwife that afternoon and after kneading my belly she made a funny look, scrunched up her nose and said lil one is laying with her feet in my pelvis and her head tucked down, like a candy cane, like she’s standing up hanging her head down. What a goof. It causes a very wide feeling. I had one baby who liked to lay perfectly sideways and it kind of feels like that that…just plain weird. 11.5 weeks left!
Jessie is getting soooo excited again to attend the birth. We were talking last night now fun it was last time. We both slept on the queen mattress on the floor together with baby tucked between us. She ran and provided for my every need. She got lots of snuggles with babe and three days of quiet time with mother. We can’t wait for that!
No comments:
Post a Comment