My little man. He loves imitating bugs by making finger antennas and squishing up his nose like he is going to come and eat us. We run from this *bug* and soon everyone in the house is playing. It suits his birthday well that he have a bug cake. An Inchworm to be exact. It was a real hoot and by the end of the night there was one half of its front lip left for Daddy’s lunch tomorrow.
My St Patties Day baby delivered by an Irish midwife, it only stood to reason that his cake needed to be green, too.
I don't know who had more fun Elijah or the siblings watching.
He still does not say a word other than “Mamma” and “wow”. He can sign sentences though, and communicates his wishes very well. He is such a blessing to have and is so easy going, you can never get upset with him. He is still a quiet, thinking type of boy and never makes the same mistake twice.
When Daddy gets home from work, he runs up to him and pushes on his leg. Daddy falls to the ground groaning. He then pushes him flat on his back, straddles his stomach and begins to pound him like a pancake…almost every night.
As much as I’d like to stop time, I can’t. I do not like seeing my toddlers have birthdays. This next year he is going to change so much, but at least I will be there(Lord willing) for every step of the way and enjoy every minute of him. Happy birthday Yija-buns.
1 comment:
What a fun birthday cake! :-) How I love family birthdays and really miss not being able to be at home anymore to be a part of them!
I enjoy your blog and reading about your family's happenings! Blessings!
Post a Comment