July 29 at 1:30pm our family is going to take a *no cost* tour of the Ostrom Mushroom Farm in Sumas.
Now WHAT can be more FUN than MUSHROOMS!!! I’m die’n here, this will be the BEST ever field trip…really.
All different types including White, Crimini, Portabella, Shiitake, Oyster, & Enoki.
We can have a maximum of 30 children so call us to sign up. Currently we have 2 spots left available. Mr. Leo Gonzales, the plant manager himself, will be taking us on a guided tour. If you are interested please call me or leave a comment on this blog.
It sounds like they put together a neat program. Our van will have 3 extra seats, FYI.
I used to put together some fun field trips for homeschoolers, but it just kind of faded away. I would like to get back on the horse for the 2010-2011 school year…any ideas? I’ll blog them a month in advance.
4 comments:
Oh my goodness, Gwen and I LOVE mushrooms and I had no idea there was an operation nearby that you could tour! We are going to be in Oregon on the 29th or I would have signed us up for sure. Oh I'm so bummed out that we will miss it!
Sounds like fun! I have to check w/ Josh first before commiting to go. Would love to start doing some field trips again.
I never said for sure but we would like to go. I think the little ones can hanle it and the boys can go in a stroller.
While I, personally, am not a big fan of fungi, the educational experience sounds fabulous! Unfortuately, we're out of town that whole weekend, starting that day. But if you do start planning more field trips and have room for a few tagalongs, we'd love to join you when we can!
Post a Comment