It is 11:13pm. I was not in the mood for a creative title…ok?
It sure is nice to have neighbors who own trains down the road. We stumbled upon our neighbors Mr and Mrs.(Dee) VB running their childrens train at the Raspberry Festival in town Saturday. Thank you Dee for your generous free train rides to a family who about fills up your train!
Where is my little baby? Really…he is growing so fast. He loves this new front door that opens to a whole new world outside This child is going to be a petrologist. He always has a rock of some sort clutched in his chubby little hand. I do his laundry and there are rocks in the bottom of the wash tub. “Elijah, spit it out!” <sigh>
Don’t ask me why the hats. I don’t understand it myself. Daddy has worn that hat for years but recently(after seeing friends with them?) everyone 7 and older is wearing a hat. It just so happened the thrift store had plenty to outfit the children….oh happy day.
My new front yard and back yard. Paul got the septic field/low spots/high spots all leveled. After two dump trucks and 20 yards of soil we should return to normalcy at some point this year.
Daniel The Mole. Daddy does not like going under the house. When your house is almost 100 years old there are all kinds of creepy crawly *things* lurking around, or remnants thereof. Paul was in the process of running wires to and fro in the addition when he came to the point of *under the house work*. Daniel offered as he LOVES going under there. It has been two days and Daniel and Micah have ran, single-handedly, all the wires under the house, drilled the holes and fed them through to Daddy(comfortably on the outside) It was like a day at the beach for Danny and Micah. Daddy was able to easily instruct Danny with a walkie-talkie.
Daddy and Micah putting gookumpucky on the end of a pipe to feed wires through to Daniel The Mole.
Jacob learned how to drive the tractor this weekend and cut some of our neighbors field grass for him. He’s a natural on a tractor. He can work the clutch and PTO like he done it since he was 3.
As for me, I’ve been cleaning house. I absolutely love gathering all the bedding on a hot sunny day, washing it and purposefully NOT using fabric softener so I can hang those sheets out to crisp in the summer breeze. The children are eagerly waiting for Solid Rock camp this weekend. I love summer with the kids. No pressure, everyone’s outside, my legs don’t hurt, I am not jailed to the stockings…I am in my birks. Did I mention the Lord gave me a gift a couple weeks ago? I looooove Birkenstock sandals, I’m a conservative tree-hugger at heart. My only pair of birks wore through last year so I finally pitched them, sadly and reservedly. I was in Second Chance(thrift store) and there was a brand new(!) pair of black Birkenstocks for $1.99. Were talking the real deal $120.00 sandals. In my size. I grabbed them, hoping not to look too giddy and thanked the Lord for them. Oh…it gets better. The next week I found the SAME ones brand new in blue…in my size for $1.49. And I can wear them without my hose….I can see my toes……I can wear polish…..it feels so great. Thank you Lord for that little gift that means so much.
1 comment:
I love your posts Mrs. Jardinski!
Post a Comment