Friday, January 30, 2009

Guppies...

Thank you Adalia, over at Baker's Dozen

Thanks for the guppies..remember?


I know you only gave us like three minute fish, but they were babies. Who woulda thunk?

Our guppies died last year unexpectedly when a then two year old *fed* the fish a large dose of fish food. They were all belly up by the time we came to the rescue.

I cleaned the tank and put it away just in time for Adalai to call with a lovely offer of more guppies(we love guppies!) So she gave us three itsy bitsy fish that were no bigger than the eye of a needle put them in the tank and sprinkled food every so often and hoped they were alive, we rarely saw them because of their size.

Well after they were all big enough to see with the naked eye, they had ALREADY had babies!!! They are STILL small and there are 9 fish living in the bowl...at times there have been 12-15, but the mommy ate them. She was probably hungry with her next pregnancy. Anyone know where you can get a fish spayed? In the meantime, free guppies!

1 comment:

Life in a nutshell said...

I would have happily given you some guppies :) We started with 10, then went to 30 then to 15 and now I don't know how many there are! LOL! I love watching them.